The Monte Carlo or Bust is fun, fundraising and fancy dress on a shoestring. Or a short 3-day motor adventure in spectacular Europe.
When motoring events have enticing names such as ‘Champagne Charlie’ or the ‘Black Forest Gateau’ and the destination is Monte Carlo, I am intrigued. When your vehicle can only cost £300 and you are expected to participate on and off the road in daily challenges, I am fascinated. When you are expected to fancydress both yourselves and your car with options to fundraise for your favourite charity, I am delighted. This is a must-do long distance drive in Europe. It is not a race.
For more information click onto http://montecarloorbustrally.com/
The Champagne Charlie runs from July 22-24, 2016 and has seven places left.
The Black Forest Gateau runs from June 3-5, 2016 is full.
Here are 10 reasons why you need a year to prepare.
- find the right banger for £300 or less and prepare it
- check your vehicle over and make it reliable and safe
- test drive and become familiar with your car
- choose your fundraising charity
- find publicity and raise funds
- investigate decoration and costumes for your car and crew
- select vehicle spare parts for self – reliance en route
- pack own luggage lightly to reduce weight
- check your own health status and all insurances
- Have lots of fun
Interested? Then follow the above website for this year’s event and enter for 2017.
By the way, this is the first time in my thirty years of motoring have I seen a discount in the entry fee for all female teams – see below. I’m not sure whether to frown or smile. In my world all female teams are equal to all male or mixed teams in all types of motoring events. What are your thoughts on this?
£200 per car entry (2 people)
£225 per car entry (3 people)